Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Pin It

Widgets

Terri Sligar Google Certified Educator!

Congratulations to Terri Sligar at Mount Baker Middle School for completing the Google Certified Educator Level 1 course and mastering the assessment to earn her Google Certified Educator Level 1 Certification!  This course and assessment do a great job of highlighting the pedagogy and not just the tools.  The course takes time, thought and reflection to complete, but in the end, you have increased your skills in using the tools available to help your students create, collaborate, communicate and think critically. You also get a cool and coveted  badge to place in your email signature and people even write blog posts about you.  :)


Mount Vernon teachers can earn clock hours for completing this course and passing the test through our Cloud Academy Courses.  The cost of the exam is $10 and is administered online  by Google.

The course is self guided, but I am considering developing a cohort of teachers next year who are interested in working together to earn their certification.  If you are a Mount Vernon teacher and think that you might be interested, please let me know.


Pin It Now!

No comments: