Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Pin It

Widgets

09-04-14 Speaking Google



Speaking Google

Einstein Google Logo At Google Kirkland from Flickr via Wylio
© 2006 Danny Sullivan, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio


This year, I am challenging myself to narrow my focus, dig deeper and share more.  The narrowing the focus is really difficult to me because the possibilities are endless. And I get really excited and want to share everything I am learning. But instead of just throwing new stuff at you all year, I want to work to develop a common culture of collaboration.  I want us to all be able to speak the same language and take advantage of the unique and impressive amount of knowledge we have to share with each other.

To this end, I am focusing on helping us to all "speak" Google Apps for Education this year.  One way that I plan to support teachers in learning these tools is to do a little bit of flipped instruction.  We will start with an online Google Hangout on one of the Google Apps.  After attending the webinar(Hangout) or watching an archived version, you will have the opportunity to join me in a lab after school to explore the app further, get questions answered and begin creating tools for your classroom.  I am calling this part the "sandbox".  You will be extending your learning by exploration and practice with other teachers during this session.  I am excited to see how teachers will use this time to play with their newly learned skills.  Our first Digital Literacy Hangout will be held live at this link on Monday, September 8 at 4pm.  This session will be an introduction to Google Drive.  In order to join the webinar, click on this link now, and say "yes" you will attend.  You will then receive an email reminder with the link before the event.  If you can't attend the webinar at that time, you will be able to watch the archive on YouTube.  To follow up, there will be two sandbox sessions.  One to meet the elementary schedule and one to meet the secondary schedule.  You are welcome to attend whichever makes most sense to your schedule.

Digital Literacy Workshop Hangout: Getting Around in Google Drive Monday, Sept. 8, 4:00 pm - 4:30pm

Register to attend a Sandbox Session: 

9/15/2014 Digital Literacy Sandbox Google Drive 3:00:00 pm - 4:00 pm MVHS (For secondary schedules.) 

9/18/2014 Digital Literacy Sandbox Google Drive 4:00 pm  - 5:00 pm District Office Tech Lab (For elementary schedules)

For more information about Digital Literacy Workshops and other opportunities.  Check out the schedule for the year here.




Pin It Now!

No comments: